万象城娱乐:世界公民电子报

  • 跨文化批评指南

    不要认为西方人都是同一种,不会有跨文明曲解。德国跟荷兰人最搞不懂英国人,美国人的批驳多半包着糖衣,法国人连批评都很激情.....。哈佛贸易评论有一篇对跨文化沟通有趣的察看,管理专家Erin Meyer说,不同文化回馈看法的时候,说法用字都有很大差距。进入本文前,请来看看这些带情感的短句英文怎么说


    a) 完全不能接受
    b) 这差远了
    c) 要不要随你

    Do you really get what people from different cultures mean? Let’'s start from this chart.
    你真的懂不同文化的人在说什么吗?咱们从这张表开端。

     What the British Say
    英国人说…

     What the British Mean
    他的意思其实是…

     What the Dutch Understand
    荷兰人以为是…

     With all due respect…
    不冲撞之意…

     I think you are wrong.
    我感到你错了。

     He is listening to me.
    他听我的。

     Perhaps you would think about…I would suggest…

    兴许你可以考虑…我会倡议…

     This is an order. Do it or be prepared to justify yourself.这是命令。照做,不然就等着帮你自己说明。

     Think about this idea and do it if you like.

    斟酌一下,认为可行的话可以这样做。

    Oh, by the way…
    附带一提…

     The following criticism of the purpose of the discussion is…
    整段探讨的目的是接下来的批评…

     This is not very important.
    要讲不重要的事了。

     I was a bit disappointed that…
    我有点失望…

     I am very upset and angry that…
    我非常赌气

     It doesn't really matter.
    不重大。

     ,www.tengbo8.com;Very interesting.
    真有意思。

    I don't like it.
    我不爱好

     They are impressed.
    他们很喜欢,www.tengbo8.com

     Could you consider some other options?
    你可以考虑看看其余抉择吗?

     Your idea is not a good one.
    你的想法不好。

     They have not decided.
    他们还没决议。

     Please think about that some more.
    请你再多想想。

     It's a bad idea. Don't do it.
    这主意很糟。不要这样做。

     It's a good idea. keepdoing it.
    好主意。持续进行。

     I'm sure it's my fault.
    一定是我的错。

     It's not my fault.
    不是我的错。

     It was their fault.
    是他们的错。

     That is an original point of view.
    很有原创性的观点。

    Your idea is stupid.
    蠢主张。

     They like my ideas!
    他们喜欢我的设法!

    People from different cultures give feedback in drastically different ways, according to Erin Meyer. Germans and Dutch express similarly and tend to misunderstand the British. Chinese tend not to criticize a coworker in front of others. Americans wrap negative opinions with positive messages. French criticize passionately with little positive feedback. To gauge how a culture handles negative opinions, find out what type of words people use.

    不同文化的人,给意见的方法也极为不同,Erin Meyer这么说。德国人和荷兰人的表白方式濒临,也比较容易误会英国人意思。华人比较不会在其别人面前批评共事,美国人用正面讯息包装负面意见,法国人的批评很豪情,也很少正面回馈意见。要断定一个文化怎么给负面意见,从他们用字的类型开始。

    Meyer indicates that direct cultures tend to use words which strengthen feelings: absolutely, totally, strongly. You might hear a) "This is totally unacceptable,” or “Absolutely no.” More indirect cultures use words that soften criticism, like kind of, sort of, a bit, maybe, slightly. You are also more likely to hear this from indirect culture:“We are not quite there yet,” while what it means could be b) "We are not even close.&rdquo,www.tengbo8.com;

    Meyer指出,直接型的文化用的字会让感想变强,像是绝对,完全,强烈地。你可能会听到「这完整不可接受」、「相对不行」。比较不直接的文化用的字会淡化批评,比喻有点,有些,一点,或者,稍微,他们也比较可能说「还有点间隔」,实在意思可能是「还差得远了。」

    When working with a global team, words can be magnified or minimized based on the listener's cultural background. Soften the message when you are dealing with cultures less direct. Tag sentences like “This is just my opinion, 1) for whatever it's worth,” c)”You can take it or leave it” along with your feedback. If you are facing a British boss, try to ignore the soft words surrounding the message, so that you don't get 2) chewed out for insubordination.

    跟来自世界的团队工作,因为听者的背景不同,你的意思可能被放大、缩小。面对的人如果来自比拟不直接的文化,把讯息放软,给意见最后能够说「无论如何,这只是我的看法。」「你要不要接收都可以。」假如你的老板是英国人,请忽视缭绕着讯息的那些平和字眼,省得由于抗命被训一顿。

    书面语词?
    1) for whatever it's worth 无论如何
    For whatever it's worth, I'll be there. 无论如何我都会到场。
    也可以说for what it's worth,例如:
    For what it's worth, I think you can trust him. 无论如何,我觉得你可能信任他。

    2) chewed out 叱责;严格斥责
    He chewed out the staffs for being sloppy. 员工太懒惰,他痛骂了他们一顿。

     

    更多世界公民文化中心的文章
    ▲Top